Monday, July 2, 2007

Losing Weight Takes An Act Of Will

I stand corrected about something. Someone weighed in and took very personally something that I wrote. Umm, I didn't mention any names. I didn't aim the blog.

I gave my thoughts. I haven't been able to get rid of hunger. I have eaten large volumes of vegetables, and all kinds of stuff. The problem comes in that I still get hungry. It doesn't take long after I consume a meal that I get hungry. I have to fight that hunger.

This is my primary reason I eat. I don't battle the other things that seem to be connected with food. Now, on the other hand, I do like beers, and wine. I seem to miss having those from time to time. They contribute to the weight gain if they are over done.

I have mentioned before that there are reasons we over eat. My primary reason is I am hungry. It almost never goes away. I do things to cut the hunger, for instance taking a teaspoon of honey before I go out to eat.

When I went to the buffet last night I could have continued to go back until I was just stuffed full and bloated. Now, that would have been an issue of just wanting to have something tasty to eat, for example the sweets.

However, most of the time. I am eating because I am hungry. I want something to cut the hunger.

I don't care what kind of food gets prepared for me, an hour of so later I am hungry again. I don't get this tidy little feeling of fullness that lasts for hours.

I have talked to many people who have told me the same thing. I have friends who complain about hunger.

You may very well have a compulsion to eat for other reasons. But, I eat to get fed.

I wish I had a magic bullet to fix the compulsions that are related to the over consumption of food. I really wish I did. But I don't.

It comes down to one thing and one thing only. EAT LESS FOOD. That's it. How plain can it be made?

When I am out and about I don't have the big choices of foods that I can readily pick from. I try to eat fruits and vegetables. I eat different proteins. I take vitamins.

People have jeered at me, "let's see if you can keep that weight off." Let's see if you will keep it up is what people are thinking. Well, maybe I can, and maybe I can't. Let's see.

I don't face anyone but myself when this battle is over. No physician, psychiatrist, nutritionist, or any fancy organization can help you develop your will to get that fat off.

It takes a gut check to find that will. My gut check was I was sick and tired of huffing and puffing. I couldn't put my pants on anymore. I couldn't clime the stairs. And I got tired of hearing your fat from certain people.

It comes down to you. What are you going to do? What will you do that will get you where you should be? It's not my job. I am hear to tell you that there is someone else out there going through hell to get to a measly 160 pounds. It sucks. Don't you kid yourself.

Oh, hears a nice tray of noodles, and some broccoli, and a little piece of meat for you Mr. Dane. Now do you feel satisfied with these little entrees. OH hell no. But, I know that's all that I should eat. That's all I get.

Man, I hate to go into a diatribe. But, let me tell you how it stinks to be preponderant. Oh, how I wish the fat would melt off like some woman told me. I wish it were true. It's not.

Just look at how quickly I have jumped from 193 back up to 198. It just took some beer, wine and a bottle of fruit juice. That's all it took and my body started turning that sugar into fat. Boom, and it's up, up and over. The scale tips the wrong way.

1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

I totally understand. The times when I have been at my own personal perfect weight, I wrote in my journal often of feeling hungry, but you just have to tough it out between meals and snacks. Lately I just can't seem to.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...