Monday, July 2, 2007

Hidden Calories; A Stumbling Block To Weight Loss

It's very early in the morning. I don't have any idea what the damage for eating was from last night. Let's say this: Oh that food was so, so good.

Now, what will I have to do? I will have to go back to reduced calories. That's right, I am going back to 1,500 calories.

Now, do I need to starve? NO! I do very nicely on 1,500 calories. You can too.

Last night I wrote down every little thing that I ate. I had a piece of paper with me. You know what? I could have eaten more than I did. I actually stopped myself where I did. I could have kept going back for more dessert than I did. I could have eaten more of other things than I did.
I could have eaten more.

Last Night Hasn't Been My Problem With The Weight Gain
My going from 193 up to 198 wasn't because of what I ate last night. No, I'll see that in a couple of days. I may zoom over 200 pounds for what I ate last night.

My problem was wine, beer, and fruit juice. About five nights ago I purchased a twelve pack of beer. By the third night that beer was gone. Yep I consumed four beers a day.

I then went to a popular store and purchased two bottles of red wine, along with a large bottle of cherry juice. I was mixing the two together to make punch. That's all gone too.

There were thousands of extra non calculated calories in those liquids. The cherry punch alone came up to be over 1000 calories a bottle. That's a lot of calories in a liquid that people just swig down without thought. It's because it's refreshing and tasty.

So What Do You Do When You Fall Off The Wagon?
What do you do when you fall off the food wagon like I did the last week? Well, you get back up onto the wagon. (So to speak...)

This weight loss thing is a life long process. It didn't stop at one week of over indulging myself. I still can continue "The Battle of the Bulge."

The problem with most people is they quit. They give up. They forget why they are suffering eating less food.

Someone told me that he doesn't suffer with the nagging hunger. Well, he doesn't suffer with temptation and hunger, but I certainly do.

If he had been full from a large meal do you think he would want another bite? NO!

Get it straight. Hunger is what drives us to over eat. We never leaned how to deal with our hunger. Then we over eat. We all do.

Why do you think food buffets are filling up with people? It's because they are hungry. That's right. It's the hunger that drives us ultimately.

When I started to cut back on my calories I began to suffer with hunger.

If scientists could invent a way to keep the hunger away permanently they would. But, so far science hasn't got anything. Oh, they do, but it will kill you eventually. There is always cocaine. That's a great appetite suppressant. Then you'll destroy yourself trying to get the cocaine.

But, I am not here to discuss drugs. I am here to discuss getting off the pounds. You will have to learn to consistently eat less. EAT LESS FOOD.

I will keep beating that drum. Oh, and don't worry about me. Because God willing I live many more days, I will get down to 160 pounds. And I won't kill myself to get there. I promise I won't kill myself.

Oh, and don't be envious of my progress. I did it by sacrificing and being careful with the food that I consumed. I did have to suffer hunger, hunger, and more hunger.

Don't feed me that garbage that you won't have hunger. If you didn't have hunger then you wouldn't over eat. It's that easy.

I learned to say no to the hunger, and the urges, that's it in a nut shell. I hated it. I still hate it. But I live with it. Oh, I feel so much better for it too.

Bye for now...

4 comments:

Lizzy. said...

Yes, I did change my weight loss goal. Realized it was pretty outrageous. So, I'm sticking to slowly but surely. Thank you so much for the advice. My parents aren't really that involved as they could be. So, it's nice to hear what other people have to say.

David Dane said...

Lizzy, I am a 48 year old man who knows some of the world. If you need advice or encouragement let me know. Not only may I be able to help you but I have incredibly sweet women friends who I will give you their e-mail and tell them about you. And of course you should pray. Bye for now lizzy.

Anonymous said...

David, I can't tell you how disappointed I am that you resorted to personal attacks when you called my comments about my hunger "bull crap" and "garbage." One of the reasons I've been so successful with my weight loss is that I had to be brutally honest with myself about the whole process. I certainly don't know what I would gain by lying to you or anyone else who may read my blog. Regardless of that, one of the reasons I started my blog was to help keep me accountable in my efforts to keep the weight off. It is up to each individual reader to determine what, if anything, they get from it.

There are many more reasons for overeating than just hunger. There is eating from boredom, eating out of habit, emotional eating, and overeating due to extreme hunger to name a few. And cravings can and do exist without hunger.

If you seriously want better control over your hunger, I suggest doing a search on "energy density" and "volumetrics." There are plenty of scientific studies that support these concepts. It is just a suggestion on my part. Feel free to ignore it if you wish.

In any case, I wish you continued success in your weight loss efforts. Good luck.

David Dane said...

I stand corrected. And I will change the post.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...