Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Trying To Kick In The Fat Burners With Excercise

I blogged this morning and had time to get out and blog a little bit more tonight.

I decided to do some excercise. I need a little bit more boost to burn off calories and fat. I have really slowed down trying to get off these pounds. I haven't been eating too many calories over the 1,500 calorie limit that I set.

For one half hour I went jogging around the College Of Dupage track. I did eight laps around the outer ring. I don't know how far that is. But I got my heart rate up and broke a little sweat.

My friend has been urging me to get out and excercise. His theory is that I should be light enough now to be able to do something. We'll see how my knees feel in the next few days.

________________________________________________________

I haven't totaled my calories consumed for today but here is what I ate:

  • Eggs-seven hard boiled (490 calories)
  • Fried Chicken-eight wing pieces
  • Macaroni salad
  • Bread Roll

1 comment:

A said...

Try this site:
http://coolrunning.com/engine/4/4_1/94.shtml

At 191.2, you are burning 151 calories. This means for every 23.17 miles you run, you lose one pound.

When you weighed 240, you burned 190 calories per mile. It took then 18.46 miles to burn a pound.

That's not perfect science. Right now, running is harder because your muscles are not used to it, you haven't found a comfortable stride, etc. As you run, even just after 10 miles, you will find it comes easier -- if your knees are OK. And, as you run, you will weigh less, so you will burn fewer calories. All of it gets complicated -- but the numbers are useful to generalize.

I use 111 calories per run -- or, I did when I started. I was 140 lbs. Now I'm 135, burning just 107 calories. Then, 31.65 miles = 1 lb. Now, 32.82 miles. I'll see progress slightly slower.

The idea is the same either way. It is still good.

Be careful with your knee. Right now, I would be extra careful, and limit running to no more than three times a week. You aren't training to run fast -- you are just burning calories. This means anything you do that breaks a sweat should be good, even if you only go once a week. That's still much better than doing nothing.

By exercising, you are giving your body tools to lose weight, and will not be as reliant on diet. Walkers too often walk too slow to do more than burn a few calories, as their heart rate isn't high enough. With running, no matter how slow, your heart rate kicks up a notch.

I think as you go, you will find your body changing shape once again. You've been eating less, so you are dropping pure fat. As you run, certain muscles get involved. Legs, of course, but shoulders, gut, back too. Even your chest a little.They will all tone up. Even if you ran just 2 miles 3 times a week, until August 31, you'd see your body tighten up.

Your flexibility will increase. Your resting pulse will drop. Mine has been as low as 46, and is often at 48. I'm expecting it to go even lower if I stick with working out.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...