Monday, July 16, 2007

Everywhere I Look I See Fat Men And Women

Hello weight losing fans...

I didn't weigh myself today yet. I don't have my digital scale with me.

Yesterday I ate more than 1,500 calories. Oh well...

I am visiting a family member. Last night I was sitting watching a survivalist show and there was some Ghirardalli Dark Chocolate in a bag next to me. I ate two of them. Each candy has a calorie count of 55 calories. That's four pieces that equal 220 calories. This means that eight pieces of this chocolate would be one meals worth of calories.

Now am I feeling guilty because I ate two pieces of chocolate. Not at all.

My point is though most people do this everyday and then wonder why they are getting fat.

Speaking of fat people: I was looking at a video of military personnel and was surprised to see how many fat men are now in the military. Everywhere I go I see more and more fat people. Now I am seeing more fat people in the military.

When I was in the military fat people got barred from re-enlistment and getting promoted. Now I guess with our modern military it doesn't matter anymore.

I am telling you fat is becoming an epidemic in this country.

Let me tell you what losing 49 pounds has done for me.
  • I look better. My face has really leaned out. I lost six inches on my waist.
  • I feel better.
  • I sleep like a baby. (That is when I can sleep at night and not in the day)
  • I have more energy. I don't take midday naps as often as I did.
  • My clothes fit better.
  • My system is better. My heart beats at 70 beats per minute. And my blood pressure is down.
  • I am now jogging every three days. I couldn't before. It was too painful.
  • My joints aren't as stressed from the extra weight.
  • The women are doing double takes when they look at me. (Sometimes they even stare when they think I am not looking. Cool...)
  • I walk faster.
  • Going up the stairs and down the stairs is much easier.
  • I am just feeling overall better about everything.

There are tremendous benefits to getting off those unwanted pounds. It's just better.

It's so hard to lose weight. It's hard to fight those urges. It's hard.

Feeling Hungry Is Hard To Deal With
Two days ago I finished my slow jog around the track. I was at home getting ready for work for the second time in the day. Anyway, I couldn't help but feel this incredible hunger. My sides were aching. I actually heard the groan of my stomach gnawing on itself. My stomach growled so loudly while I was taking my bath.

Yesterday at work I was waiting for some people. As I was waiting I could not help but feel this gnawing feeling of hunger. I had eaten breakfast already too. So, I went out and got a large beef sandwich. A friend was sitting next to me and eating a large bag of popcorn that had Carmel corn and cheese in the mix. I had four fists of that.

This guy next to me was telling me how he shouldn't be eating the popcorn. So he kept offering it to me. Now, here is a guy who is a type-two diabetic and is on medication for it. He is fat and getting fatter. He can't control himself so he wants me to become the same way.

I did have some of the popcorn, but I did cut it off. Later I had some French fries.

Now, did I go whole hog with the wrong kind of food? No, I did cut it off. Even though he kept offering me more.

There comes a point in time when I have to say no more. I can't eat that. No I won't eat that. This may be a time when the hunger is gnawing my guts out.

If I do eat then I try to find something that is real food, not junk.

Last night I went to a relatives home. There was homemade chicken soup there. I ate that.

I didn't go for the junk even when I was hungry.

The only reason I has the chocolate is because it was there and it's sweet. I didn't think that it would hurt anything anyway. I didn't eat the bag, and I sure could have.

Eat Soup Early In The Day For Better Weight Loss
Source: Barbara Rolls, PhD, professor and Guthrie Chair in Nutrition, Pennsylvania State University, University Park >Booklet: Bottom Lines "Wacky" Remedies Proven To Work

In a study of 147 men and women who ate a reduced calorie diet for one year, those who consumed 10.5 fluid ounces of low-fat, low-calorie soup twice a day lost 50% more weight than those who ate healthful but carbohydrate rich snacks, such as baked chips or pretzels.
Theory: Although the soup had the same number of calories as the other snacks, the soup's greater weight and volume made study participants feel full enough to eat less for the rest of the day.
Self-Defense: Consume a large mugful of a broth-based, low-fat, low-calorie, low-sodium soup rich in vegetables and/ or beans as a first course twice daily.

Bye for now....

This is a life long commitment to lose weight not a one day commitment.

_________________________________________________

Today I consumed:

  • English Muffin (120 calories)
  • Scrambled egg with cheese (60 calories)
  • Chicken Soup (350 calories)
  • Chicken Soup (350 calories)

2 comments:

Lizzy. said...

Hey David,
Thanks for your concern.
No, I am not depressed.
Not in the least. lol. We're about to move here in a month. Things have been pretty crazy. Trying to get everything packed and get all that stuff that comes along with moving done. But, I appreciate the support and I will be back up to writing soon.

[new post up]

OH! And thanks for the link. :]

Jake Silver said...

I thought about that too at the movie theaters the other day. How everywhere you go the vast MAJORITY of Americans are fat, and yes we are too in the USAF. I am just happy I only need to lose about 20 pounds to be really lean again. My BMI is actually normal now. I just want to get to the skinny end of things. Everyone is different.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...