Saturday, July 28, 2007

What Do I Eat?

Let me clarify something here. I was reading about all this sugar free stuff, and the fat free stuff and the sugar free sodas, etc...

I drink sugar free soda. I have for many years. Now, I am making an effort to drink mostly water. I don't like the way I feel after I drink diet soda anymore. I guess my body is getting sensitive here or something. I get achy after I drink the diet soda. I am turning to water.

I have a cabinet full of diet sweeteners. I am not going to name the brands but they come in pink, blue, and yellow packets. These products are not calorie free. (Oh the packet has zero calories on it.) Here is what I mean. They do have calories, but the body cannot in most circumstances absorb those calories. It's because they have a chemical composition the body cannot make a fat chain from.

The body makes fat by linking together sugar chains. Those sugar chains can come from many sources. They come from sugar, like sucrose, fructose, maltose, and glucose. I may have missed some fancy scientific term for sugar there but you, I think, are getting the idea about what I am writing.

The other sources of sugar are from fats that we consume. The body does it's one two magic of digestion and breaks the fat up, then re-links it into fat that our body absorbs. It's complicated and really more than I can get into here in this post.

We use proteins that the body breaks down into amino acids. These amino acids are used to form ATP which is an energy source.

One of the artificial sweeteners I have used and now am reducing the use of is a reversed sugar molecule. Because it's a reversed sugar molecule the human body cannot link it into a fat chain. This is why the maker can legally put onto the packet the words zero calories. The body cannot as far as is known now build this molecule into a fat chain.

That said, do remember something, it is a chemical anyway. Just because the body can't turn it into fat does not mean it can't link something else to it. The molecule after all is a reverse molecule, it is still reactive. It still can have molecules attach to is. I just don't know what. I am trying to research that now.

I have been finding some problems with my consuming so many artificial sweeteners. One, I have been feeling yucky afterward. I don't know why but my joints hurt in my arms and shoulders after I drink a two liter of diet soda. I have been experimenting with drinking a lot more water lately, and consuming more honey when I get a sweet tooth.

The reason I wrote this is because years ago we did not have artificial sweeteners available. These are inventions that have come along over the last 50 or so years. I think just around World War Two was the first discovery, so that would make it 60 years.

If you turn heavily to artificial sweeteners, you may find some consequences we don't know about yet. I think my knees are blowing out because of heavy use of artificial sweeteners. I can't prove it. But they were fine up until about five years ago when I switched from sugar sodas to diet sodas.

Now, I can't prove this. I cannot. But, I am not going to keep consuming these things with such gusto as I have in the past. I, like the rest of the goodies that I consume, will treat them with care.

What Do I Eat?_______________________________________________

Today is Saturday:


  • Coffee (0 calories) No sweetener
  • Chocolate Protein bar (200 calories)

________________________________________________________

Friday, July 27, 2007

At 3 AM:

  • Two cups of herbal tea with honey (60 calories)

At 9:30 AM:

  • Lean Body Breakfast Drink (360 calories)
  • Chocolate Protein Bar (200 calories)
  • Choline Cocktail Drink (130 calories)

Before I jogged at night I consumed a Sport Drink (120 calories)

At night around 10 PM:

  • Banquet Chicken Fried Chicken TV Dinner (380 calories)
  • Whole Milk-8 ounces (150 calories)

_________________________________________________________

Thursday, July 26, 2007:

Breakfast:

  • Pancakes-three pre-made CD sized pancakes (270 calories)
  • Butter-real butter (100 calories)
  • Syrup-made with corn syrup but labeled maple syrup-1/8 cup (105 calories)
  • Choline Cocktail (130 calories)

Lunch:

  • McDonald's Premium Chicken Crispy Sandwich (500 calories)
  • Water

Night time:

  • Chocolate Protein Bar (200 calories)
  • Whole Milk (150 calories)
  • Grapefruit Juice - seven ounces (80 calories)

________________________________________________________

Wednesday, July 25, 2007:

  • Lean Body Breakfast Drink (360 calories)
  • Choline Drink (130 calories)
  • Chocolate Protein Bar (200 calories)
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich (600 calories)
  • Grapefruit Juice (90 calories)

Evening while at work:

  • McDonald's Cheeseburger (300 calories)

Before bed:

  • Whole Milk (150 calories)

________________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 :

  • Instant Breakfast Drink-Blueberries & Cream Flavor (360 calories)
  • Chocolate Protein Bar (200 calories)

Afternoon:

  • Sandwich-chicken on cheese (470 calories) It may be more.
  • Grapes-bundle-one cup (80 calories)
  • Apple (100 calories)
  • Banana (100 calories)
  • Potato Salad (100 calories)
  • Small Tortellinis Salad (100 calories)

____________________________________________________

Monday, July 23, 2007

  • Egg Sandwich and cheese (380 calories)
  • Toaster Pop Egg Sandwiches-two pop sandwiches (320 calories)
  • Protein Bar (200 calories)

Night time at work:

  • Meat Ball Sandwich-three large meatballs, six inch french roll, cheese (1000 calories)
  • French Fries (300 calories)

It's safe to say that this is the day I went way over the 1,500 calorie mark. That meatball sandwich was so good.

__________________________________________________________

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I woke up late in the day because I worked all night. My meal time actually started at 4:00 PM.

  • Instant Breakfast Drink (360 calories)
  • Slim fast shake (190 calories)
  • Protein Bar (200 calories)

Nighttime, 8:30 PM:

  • Fettuccine Alfredo-Marie Calender's TV Dinner (670 calories)
  • Ice Cream-one cup (200 calories)

My total calories for this day were 1,620 calories.

________________________________________________________

You may be wondering why I eat so late. It's because of my work schedule. I start my calorie-counting-clock inside of a 24 hour window. I go from Midnight-to-Midnight with my written journal. I keep myself inside that 1,500 calorie zone inside of a 24 hour time period.

Well, that about does it for this particular post.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...