Monday, June 25, 2007

Doctor Who Treats Diabetes Advocated Counting Calories

Hello weight losing fans. I have missed two days of blogs due to the fact I haven't been able to get to the computer. It's been work, work, for me. No rest for the weary.

Well, this morning I stepped on the scale weighing in at 197-pounds. I was awake at 6:30 AM and went back to bed to get some more sleep. I have had a very rough three days and I got in after midnight this morning. So I re awoke at 11:30 AM and stepped onto the scale weighing in at 196-pounds. I am surprised.

Saturday I went to Wisconsin. I had two hamburgers on buns at 370 calories each. I had potato chips, potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw, some macaroon dip, fruit salad, and one hulking large piece of cake.

Earlier in the day I had four hard boiled eggs (280 calories), and two warm freshly baked chocolate cookies (400 calories).

Is it safe to say I blew away 1,500 calories and more? I would say so. How much I haven't estimated yet.

Sunday I had a hamburger patty without a bun (260 calories), and a very large bowl of fruit salad. Which was only different kinds of fruit.
Later in the day I had a McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit (440 calories)
In the afternoon I had a McDonald's cheeseburger (300 calories)
At night when I got home late I had four ounces of red wine.

Now, I have been toying around the 198-pound level since I weighed myself on Friday.
I haven't had regular access to my digital scale.

I think I am in good shape here considering I ate a lot on Saturday, and got out of my regular died of low carbs on Sunday.

So, is the 200-pounds gone for good? Ummm, I don't know for sure.

This afternoon I had two chicken patties (440 calories)
I had mixed vegetables that I microwaved (70 calories)
In the morning I had a chocolate slim fast drink (190 calories)
At 3 PM I had a chocolate protein drink. (160 calories)

Now I have to make sure that I get lots of fluids because all I have had is two mugs of hot coffee and about eight ounces of water. I have to fill up here because I am dehydrated.

A Doctor Who Treats Diabetes Promised He Would Read My Blog
I am excited because I ran into a doctor who said he wants to read my blog. I told him how much weight that I lost and how I did it.

This doctor who specializes in treating diabetes said that he has been preaching counting calories. He claims he has not found a real life example. I told him this is how I lost all the weight.

This doctor has been preaching, "It's not what anyone eats, it's how much anyone eats, that gets them fat."

That's right, I have experienced this phenomena. I did the Doctor Atkin's diet. I lost 60 pounds.
I did not keep a food diary. However, I lived on the belief I could eat piles of protein and fat then still lose weight.

That system worked for a while. However the body figures out somehow to adapt those calories. If per say someone is eating a high protein diet and then exceeds the 20 carbs level, then the body immediately kicks in the fat collecting mechanisms. Then it all seems to turn to fat, the carbs, the proteins, and the fats.

I was even gaining weight just eating eggs and tuna fish. Go figure.
Well, I must have been doing something wrong.

Yes I was. I was eating much more calories than my body really needed.

I think my body just said keep handing over those heaping helpings of food and I'll put them right there on your gut, your legs, and your face.

Counting Calories The Only Sure Fire Way To Watch Your Food Intake
The only sure fire way to watch how much food you eat is to count those calories.
It's because this is the only way to count the amount of food the body burns.

If you exceed what the body needs to burn for the day, it will store the rest of the food as fat.
At least this is the way it is with most people.

I Talked With Another Lady With A Slow Metabolism
The other day at the picnic I talked with a woman who complained that her metabolism is slow. I didn't tell her to get her thyroid checked. This could be the problem.

Anyway, she told me she doesn't eat that much food. Well, maybe she doesn't but then she admitted never writing down what she eats and examining her habits.

She also admitted to skipping breakfast. Yep, if you skip breakfast expect not to lose weight.
Unless of course you don't eat all. Then you'll lose weight and die from malnourishment.

In the morning the body is ready for food. If there has been an eight hour period where the body hasn't had food then it needs food.

Keeping away from food is a sure fire way to kick in the body's emergency response. It will start to store food because it doesn't know how to adjust to the long periods without food.

Even if it's only and apple or an orange eaten for breakfast you should eat something. I even told this woman if she has to have a piece of candy have it in the morning.

Get your body starting to rev up by eating on a consistent basis. Don't think that starving and fasting for long periods of time is a good thing.

We are designed to ingest food for energy. Give your body energy, or something to get it going early in the day or when you crawl out of bed like I do some days.

I tell people that I don't fast to lose the weight. I eat something at the very, very least three times a day. Sometimes I will eat more than that.

By taking care of yourself you can improve your quality of life. I do my best to try. It gets real trying on some days. Yesterday was one of those days.

Bye for now.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a type 2 diabetic who lost 130 pounds using Weight Watchers. I went from taking 2 different oral diabetes medications (Avandia & Metformin) to completely controling my diabetes through diet and exercise. Weight Watcher's modified calorie counting system, with a gradual drop in the total daily calories consumed as you lose weight, really worked for me and helped me not feel hungry all the time. I've also learned to reduce my portions and I'm constantly amazed at how little I eat compared to what I used to consume on a regular basis. (BTW, this isn't a WW ad, just what worked for me.)

By the way, I enjoy reading your blog. I don't agree with you all the time, but you've done a great job with your efforts so far. Keep up the good work!

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...