Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Success Comes In Small Increments

This Morning I was unable to weigh myself on my digital scale.
I am guessing for some reason I am back up over 200-pounds.

This morning I weighed in on an analog scale. (A scale with a needle)
I am not sure of its accuracy.

I am delighted that I weighed in at 197.8-pounds yesterday.

My Success Has Come In Small Increments
How have I achieved this sudden drop below 200 pounds? Well, it wasn't a sudden drop. I was going up and down over 200 pounds for over three weeks now.

I have consistently worked at keeping myself at 1,500 calories or less for the last week. On some days I have had only 1,200 calories or less. This is due more to my work schedule than to any ability of mine to be so sacrificial with the food.

I am just like anyone else I have a tendency to binge or cheat. I try not to, but when the food is there and I am not paying for it, then sometimes I go for it.

Now, do I think long and hard about what I am doing? Yes I do. And in the process of pigging out I write down what I pigged out on.

I write down the two pieces of cake, the extra brownies, or even a chocolate shake. I try to keep myself in reality with my food consumption.

If I am going to blow my calorie window, in the very least I know what I ate to do it. IE., when I consumed all that food at the Sox Game. That was good food.
Yummy...

Oh, I Am So Deprived
This is the cry of friends when they see me restricting my food intake, "Oh, you are depriving yourself." NO...I'm not... Last night I had a cup of Vanilla Ice Cream. I still managed to finish the day at 1,290 calories.

The night before last night I had a cup of Vanilla Ice Cream then. I still came in that night under 1,500 calories. So, I'm not so deprived.

Here is the difference in me today, and me seven months ago. I eat smaller portions. That's it. I eat, but I have adjusted down the amount that I eat.

What I Ate This Morning; Sugar
This morning I had two packets of instant oatmeal. Both of these packets had various amounts of sugar in them. Oatmeal is a carbohydrate like sugar is too.
So this morning I had all carbohydrates.

Well, what does this sugary meal do for me? Well, it tasted good. I had 260 calories.

I don't have to be at work until afternoon, so I am not worried about what the carbohydrates are going to do. They have a tendency to make me sleepy.

Usually when I am going to work I eat eggs or meat. The protein helps me stay alert longer.

It's all calories in the end though. Even if I eat a whole plate of meat, I still have to count those calories. I still have to keep myself at the 1,500 calorie count no matter what I am eating. Even if I eat something like an apple I count the calories. If I eat vegetables, I count the calories.

I am aware of how much and what I am eating all the time.

Yesterday a friend offered me a piece of hard candy. I turned it down. I was only 30 or so calories. I told her I am on a diet. I said, "avoiding little treats like that is why I am now down 41-pounds.

You can be polite about turning people down. I know it's hard to turn down little treats. I am determined to shed these pounds and keep them off.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...