Friday, June 22, 2007

Experimenting With Eating Protein Only

Hello weight losing fans.

Yes hello to all one of you, or none of you. I can't tell if someone is reading my blog.

I couldn't blog yesterday at all. I was far to busy and I didn't return home until 1:30 AM.
All you anxious fans that are hanging on to my every profound written statement had to be deprived yesterday.

Anyway, yesterday I stepped onto the scale in the morning weighing in at 197.4-pounds.
Yeah !!!!

Well how did I do it? The day before I ended the day at 1,400 calories. I had these high calorie snacks that totaled up the calories fast and gave me little food in return. I ate some trail mix, six peanut butter crackers, and a bag of pressed fried chips. These things wiped out my total calorie consumption very quickly.

If I had not been paying attention I could have easily ended the day with way more calories consumed than the 1,400 calories. You have to pay attention to those snack foods folks. There is a lot of calories in very, very small amounts of food. It's all empty calories too.

Today Showed Improvement
Well, I am not back down to 195 like I was on Thursday of last week. Although, I did wake up this morning and weigh myself at 196-pounds.

Does this mean I have cracked forever the 200-pound barrier that zooms up everytime I eat away at an extra hamburger? Well, I don't think so.

Here is why. On Saturday I am supposed to be going to a family reunion. Now I am only going to be there for a few hours. In a few hours I can do a lot of damage eating away at the food sprawled out onto the family picnic table.

I can eat enough food to easily pack on five pounds of excessive weight. And as a result stand on the scale with my mouth drooping onto the floor from disappointment as the numbers tick back up over 200-pounds.

It's been a real trial to keep down away from that 200-pound mark that took me over a month of trying to get below.

I will see how I progress the next few days here. You will to if you want to read my blog.

I Had An Interesting Menu Of Food Yesterday
In the morning I had an eight ounce glass of prune juice (180 calories).
This I consumed to keep myself regular throuhout this experiment.

I decided the day before yesteday to test a theory I had about carbohydrates adding to me weight so quickly. I thought, "Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if I went all protein for a couple days?"

Well, I boiled a couple dozen eggs two nights ago and put them into the refrigerator.
Yesterday I brought with me 21 eggs to work. Through out the day I managed to consume 14 of the 21 eggs.

The calorie count was 890 calories.

I also had some small chunks of fruit and some chunks of cheese that were in a snack box that was given to me. I didn't eat the little brownie that was inside of the box. I also didn't eat the snack crackers that were in the box. I did not eat all of the cheese that was in the box either.

The snack crackers alone would have added 150 calories to my calorie count. That brownie would have added another 250-300 calories. With the addition of those little chunks of food I would have zoomed up and over the 1,5oo calories I set for myself.

Not only would that be so, but I would have blown my test for carbohydrates effecting my weight loss and gain.

I did have fruit. They were little chunks of melon, and a few berries, and grapes. They didn't really add a lot to the carbohydrates. Besides, they help add fiber to the diet. So I ate them.

I ended yesterday under 1,500 total calories.

Well, that's all the wisdom I have to share with you for today. I hope that you are encouraged to get off those excessive pounds.

I have a new goal of getting down to 160-pounds. I decided that was where I want to be.
Now I'll be a real light weight compared to what I am now. I will look better.

I am already looking better than I did. It's getting near the time to buy some other clothes because the ones that I have now are hanging off of me.

Bye for now....

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...