Monday, June 11, 2007

The Mystery Of Losing Weight

I didn't weigh myself on my digital scale today.

I stepped on an analog scale this morning fully dressed and weighed less than 200 pounds.

Menu for this morning:
  • English Muffin-two muffins (260 calories)
  • Diet Butter spread (160 calories)
  • Peanut Butter-four tablespoons (380 calories)
  • Total calories so far 800 calories

That's a lot of calories so early in the day.

I get 700 more calories today and I am done.

Last night I ate a lot of Ice Cream. It probably came in at 400 calories or more.

Weight Loss The Great Mystery
Yesterday I was visiting friends I have known for years. Many years ago they were slender. My man friend was with me in the Army reserves. He was much leaner then than he is now.

He saw how much weight that I lost and he asked how I did it. I told him and it seemed to be a mystery to him.

His wife was amazed at how lean my legs are now, and commented that my legs have disappeared. No they didn't disappear, she forgot what they used to be. Many years ago my legs were this lean as they are now.

She was curious too how I lost so much weight and wanted to know how I got this result. I told her. She too was mystified by the simple explanation of counting calories and reducing food portions.

We Are Conditioned To Over Eat
Many people in our country are conditioned to over eat. As they over eat they become fat. When someone like me comes along and hits them with the truth they are baffled by it.

It's because to face the truth means that a course of action may have to be taken that is not so easy to accept.

Looking in the mirror and admitting that I was fat was facing the truth. Searching for the answer to my over weight dilemma was my search for the answer to that truth.

Watching my food intake and losing the extra weight was a fulfillment of that truth.

It's not a moral truth. Although avoiding gluttony is a part of moral truth.

I don't know that I was deliberately gluttonous.

I actually thought that I wasn't over eating. But, I was. This is my facing of the truth, acknowledgement of the truth, and fulfillment of the truth.

The truth is we eat more than we need to. We get fat because of it.

If we all want to lose weight then we have to learn to eat less.

If you finally accept the truth that you are overweight you can begin your search for the answer and fulfillment of that truth.

Here is the answer: Don't Eat So much...

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...