Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What Does Your Metabolism Speeding Up Mean?

Today someone told me that my metabolism may be kicking in finally.
I thought, what does that mean?

What does my metabolism kicking in mean? Hey, if you are alive you are metabolizing something. That's right. Your body's cells from the bottom of your feet to the top of your head need energy. And if you are still breathing air you are consuming energy.

What matters is how effective are you at consuming energy. Hey as we age any number of things can go wrong with the body to make us slow down. We can become ill.

However my problem hasn't been that I am ill, or even that I have a "slow metabolism." My problem has been that I have eaten more than I need to. That's it.

I have developed the habit of consuming food until I am comfortably full so to speak. In almost all cases this means that I have eaten way more food than I needed to live and maintain life.

In America this is the problem with most people who are preponderant. We over eat, and wonder why we turn into beach balls.

If you ever hope to get off the extra poundage you have to figure out at what calorie count you can eat and still need just enough more energy that forces the body to go for the fat reserves.

In my case it's about 1,500 calories. In the case of a woman, dependant on her makeup, it may be 1,200 calories. I am convinced that a woman can get away with 1,500 calories.

And believe me 1,500 calories of food can disappear in one McDonald's value meal at a noon luncheon. After eating a Big Mac, Medium French Fries, and a regular size coke, there goes just about 1,500 calories. If not just toss in that chocolate shake and you can say goodbye to eating for the rest of the day.

People don't really think about this kind of thing. I saw a beautiful young woman at the check out counter that would be a real knockout if she lost 35 pounds.

I am not so sure she even knows how to begin the process. I am not so sure she is even aware that she needs to. She is young and at her age she can wield around a few extra pounds.

When you get to my age it's a whole different story. That extra 45 pounds was beginning to destroy me. I couldn't walk up the stairs anymore. My joints were wearing down wielding around 240 pounds.

I have successfully gotten off 5.5 gallon jugs of water or 4 1/2 ten pound bowling balls from my body. Just put that kind of weight in a sack over the shoulder and see what it does to you.

This is why I am blogging about my weight loss success. I want others to learn that they too can get off the extra weight.

Your life depends on it.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...