Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Weight Up And Down

This morning when I woke up I stepped on the scale weighing 200.2-pounds.

This evening when I got home from work I weighed 198-pounds.

I'm still not back up to 240 pounds. That's good. Isn't it?

I wondered why did I gain so rapidly? Hmmm, I think it's just stuff that had not left.

That's what I think.

Maybe it's a regaining of some pounds. Who knows?

Watch Out For Bags Full Of Goodies
Today I had someone give me a box full of goodies. It was a box of snacks.
I thanked the person for the kindness.

I surely could have cursed the person when I opened the box.
At first I thought that there would be a sandwich inside. There wasn't.
There was a bag of artificially manufactured chips, two chocolate chip cookies, an eight ounce bottle of water, an apple, and a bag of what looked like trail mix.

That little bag only weighed two ounces. Here is what the back panel said the total calories for that little bag of goodies was: 290 calories. Wow...
That little treat came in at 145 calories per ounce.

Now this little bag was meant to be some benign little snack. It would be something someone would consume in let's say three fists tossed into the mouth. Something like this disappears in seconds when consumed without thought.

The consequenses are deadly. Who would look at the side panel and see this little bag was a ticking time bomb of excessive calories? No one does.

The bag of chips that were just pressed corn chips was 1.5 ounces and came in at 210 calories.
That too was a ticking time bomb of empty calories.

I had no other food available so I ate them. But I completely blew away 500 of my 1,500 calories with that empty food. Then I ate the apple. That was another 100 calories.

Be Careful When Snacking
With these two examples I showed it's easy to over eat when someone's not aware of what he/she is eating. You have to be careful what you eat all the time.

Most people in our society aren't even aware of the dangers inside these little bags of food. If that's all someone eats all day then so be it. But people eat this kind of food just to snack on.

I never felt one bit of satisfaction after eating them. They didn't even start to cut my hunger.

The cookies were three inch in diameter chocolate chip cookies. I forgot to take them with me. I had no intention of eating them today at all. That was over 200 calories per cookie. I was saving them for another day.

I forgot them so that's no great loss.

You have to be careful what you eat. I am always looking at food suspiciously.

Today I didn't go over 1,500 calories. I am around 1,400 calories right now.

I had a small bag of peanut butter crackers. Those six little crackers came in at 200 calories for all six. That just goes to show how easy it is to eat and not realize how much food we are packing away.

Bye for now...




No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...