Saturday, June 9, 2007

I'm Still Pushing Two Hundred Pounds

I'm still pushing up near 200-pounds. This morning I weighed in at 198.8-pounds. That's about one pound shy of 200-pounds.

I thought for sure by now I would be down around 190-pounds. This was my goal that I set back in January, 2007. I am still 10-pounds away from that. Well, almost 10-pounds away.

What's wrong? Why with my careful food consumption, and logging am I still coming in close to 200-pound? I can't answer that. I am truly baffled on this one.

I haven't been cheating with the snacks. I have pretty much kept to 1,500 calories or below. There have been some days I indulged myself. Those have been few and far between.

I guess this is my body's-set-point. This is the point where the body seems to believe it belongs. That's my only guess on this matter.

Granted in my life right now I am not really physically active. Oh I go walk a mile or two each day but it's not enough activity to really spark up some fat burning calories. I guess maybe I am just too sedentary. "Oh preponderant man that I am."

My menu for today:

  • Vegetables-frozen mixed vegetables that were stir fried
  • Chicken-two ounces canned
  • Honey-tablespoon full
  • Chocolate protein drink
  • Total for today (490 calories)

I ate vegetables this morning in a stir fry. A friend called and he thought that was odd. Well, what's the difference between eating vegetables stir fried or eating them in an omelet?

The vegetables help to bulk up the stomach. They help some to curb the appetite. Lately I have had some real bouts of hunger, and had to fight my will because of it.

This is part of the weight loss dilemma. We fight hunger and the uncomfortable feelings associated with it.

It's not easy. Don't kid yourself. Hey, I am human just like you. I want to pack in the food too.

Even now as I am blogging I am fighting hunger pains. I ate a whole pound of food this morning. I ate two cups of vegetables, chicken, and a protein drink. And, I am hungry again.

I am also frustrated because I am not where I thought that I should be. I was hoping to be at 190-pounds by now.

I am also getting those little dizzy spells that come from being hungry. So, I understand the frustration and problems that go along with trying to lose weight.

I am here to tell you that it's not easy. So far it's been worth it. I FEEL MUCH BETTER!

I really do. If you are reading this, I am telling you will feel better too if you get those pounds off. You will, I promise.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...