Friday, June 1, 2007

It's Is Tough To Keep Those Pounds Off

Yesterday was Thursday. I couldn't blog.
I woke up and weighed in at 198.6 pounds.

Today I woke up and weighed in at 201.4 pounds.

What happened? Well, I guess I am just full of it again. You know what I mean.

Yesterday I was gone all day until late at night. I ate more than my 1,500 calorie allotment of calories. I didn't eat too much more.

For breakfast I ate:
  • Lean Pocket (280 calories)
  • Granola Bar (150 calories)
  • Cottage Cheese (110 calories)
  • Chocolate Protein Drink (160 calories)
  • Vitamins
  • Coffee (0 calories)

For a mid morning snack:

  • Orange (80 calories)
  • Apple (100 calories)
  • Coffee (0 calories)

Afternoon Lunch:

  • Large Sandwich: 6 slices of ham, 4 slices of turkey, 4 slices of cheese, mayonnaise (est. 600 calories)
  • Apple (100 calories)
  • Orange (80 calories)
  • Banana (100 calories)
  • Total for the day was just over 1,700 calories

Now, could all this food be responsible for me gaining two pounds in one day? I don't know. All I know is up and down over 200-pounds I go.

Will I ever reach the day when 200 pounds is a distant number? Someday I will. It just won't happen as quickly as I had thought.

This much I can proudly say, I did get five servings of fruits yesterday.

Offended Friends
I had a friend read my blog and felt bad about what I wrote. I feel bad my friend feels bad. I can't stop trying to do what it is that I am doing because I feel bad, and my friends feel bad.

If you are going to make a serious effort to lose weight, you are going to be making a public display of yourself. People are going to become aware of what you are doing because it is an all consuming effort to lose weight.

I am constantly aware of what I have to eat. I am always writing what I am eating down on paper. People see it and it pricks their conscience. It has an effect on people even though I'm not even trying to effect them. I am just concerned about me.

I am letting you know that there are internal and external temptations and even helps that effect our efforts to shed unwanted pounds. There are voices in our heads that we wrestle with and voices outside of our heads that we wrestle with.

I am constantly debating in my head what I should and should not eat. I feel like a real neurotic for it too. What am I going to do? What are you going to do? It is what it is.

Yesterday I was at a breakfast buffet. I grabbed a small blueberry muffin. This guy that I was with who knows that I have been dieting tapped my wrist and said, "You shouldn't eat that."
I said, "You know what? You are right." And I dropped the muffin. Meanwhile he grabbed a couple of muffins for himself. And off course it shows around his middle.

Meanwhile, I grabbed a cup of coffee, a banana, an orange, and an apple to eat. They were better than eating the muffin.

I am glad he said something. I was looking for something to fill that hungry sweet tooth in the middle of the morning. He stopped me. He couldn't stop himself though.

Could I have gotten away with it. Could I have eaten that muffin? Sure I could. I would have adjusted for it. I knew what I had eaten early in the morning. I knew that I had a stopping point.

I ate a large sandwich because I knew that was going to be my last meal for a long time. There wasn't going to be any stopping for food in the afternoon. As it was I didn't finish work until after 10 PM. That sandwich was the last thing that I ate all day.

I have to think ahead when I eat. If I am not working I know I can eat small meals through out the day. If I am working and know I am going to be limited on my time to eat, I have to eat bigger meals earlier in the day to give me energy for the rest of the day.

I still make an attempt to stay at 1,500 calories. On some days though I push up over the 1,500 calories. But, I try to keep it close.

Yesterday I ate more fruit than I usually do. It helps in some ways.

Where does all this end? When you are are a preponderant person like me, it never ends. From now until you die "The Battle Of The Bulge" will continue.

I will never be able to stop and say, "Today I don't have to worry about what I will eat."

The day that I do is the day I will start to regain all the fat that I so desperately fought to get off.

Bye for now....

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...