Saturday, June 30, 2007

Do You Need A Nutritionist?

Well, I stepped onto the scale weighing in at 197.6 pounds this morning.
Am I scared? No. This is my weight loss thing. It's not anyone else's.
I didn't join a club and make some promise that by such and such date I'll be down to a certain weight.
I didn't make any promises to anyone about my weight loss. I just decided to do it.

So, even if I go back to 200-hundred pounds, it's still my thing. I own the weight not someone else.
This is why I am writing that I am losing the weight for me. No one else.

I am writing this blog as an encouragement to someone who may be attempting to reduce weight. If you are someone who is attempting to lose weight then read on.

Someone Read My Blog And Critiqued It
I have a friend who is a nice lady. I haunted her to read my blog. I gave her fair warning that she may not like what she is reading. I haunted her and taunted her anyway.

She capitulated and finally read my blog. Well, she thought it was concise. She did not like my food choices. Umm, she obviously didn't read a whole lot of this blog. Now, I am supposed to be weary because I ate 14 eggs a while ago. I really should go see a nutritionist. So she thinks.
She wonders what my cholesterol is. Well, it's 155 the last time it was checked.

Hey, a nutritionist isn't any smarter than me. I can read. I am not some stupid moron that fell off the boat. I know about the balance of carbohydrates and proteins, and all that stuff.

Does a nutritionist eat birthday cakes? Does a nutritionist eat a fried donut?

Tell me folks, what in the world is any nutritionist or doctor going to do for you or me to develop any will power? What is that nutritionist going to do? Hold my hand at every meal?

I eat what I want to eat. You can too.

It's high time we begin to realize that our major problem with getting fat is that we EAT TOO MUCH food.

The challenge is trying to figure out at what calorie level someone has to stay at to feed himself/herself a good diet of food and still burn that fat.

I don't endorse fasting. It destroys muscle tissues, and eats away at the fat linings in the brain.
Fasting deprives the body of essential nutrients it needs to function.

The only time I endorse fasting is for a period of time to purge the body of toxins. That I say should be very limited.

I write about my food choices. This morning I had two cups of mixed vegetables that I stir fried. I tossed in a can of chicken. There were spices in the food for flavor along with some wine and honey. It was a terrific meal.

How is that for a food choice? What's that educated nutritionist going to say to that?

We Live With Ourselves
Ultimately at the end of the day when any of us clicks out the lights we are there with ourselves. We aren't there with anyone at the end of the day but ourselves.

Why should I worry one bit about what some nutritionist thinks about my food choices? It's my heart, my brain, and my body.

Where was anyone to give me the motivation that I needed to lose weight? There wasn't anyone except some old man that literally called me a fat pig.

Did I know I had to lose weight? I sure did. I couldn't figure out how. Finally it hit me. The rest is history.

The Fat Didn't Melt Away
This same lady said that the fat must have melted away. No, it didn't melt away. It never does melt away. I suffered to get that fat off. I kid you not.

I can't go eat every thing that is out there and expect to lose weight. You can't either. You have to limit your food portions. And you have to be patient.

IT'S HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT.

It is... Don't fool yourself... You will have to struggle. But, all I am saying is it's worth it.

Bye for now....




No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...